ChatGPT changed the entire normal world to turn into an AI focused world when it launched in Nov 2022 . It got instant traction and made every industry to focus on AI usage.
Now, ChatGPT is used by every industry to increase their productivity in certain tasks. And also, in the same way, Using ChatGPT for SEO is already been started to increase the productivity and making use of it, in certain tasks of optimization for the websites.
In this article, I will cover the about using ChatGPT for SEO and I will share with you 6 Powerful ChatGPT Prompts for SEO that you can utilize in your SEO process for your website.
Let me take you through the article.
What is ChatGPT?
ChatGPT is trained on large amounts of text data from the internet to its system and can generate human-like text responses for the inputs given to it by people.
It means you can make conversional chat with ChatGPT as you Chat with your friends or relations, and it gives the response for your Prompt (input).
What is ChatGPT Prompt?
A ChatGPT prompt is a simple text given to the ChatGPT to get a response. It means the input which you give to the ChatGPT is called prompt.
For example: If you give input such as “how to start a blog” to the ChatGPT, it acts as a prompt and will respond as shown below.
Remember, “the Quality of the response will be on the Quality of the Prompt” you give to the ChatGPT.
And giving a low-quality prompt will generate a low-quality response without much personalization, as shown in the screenshot.
So, always try to provide a clear and quality prompt to get a clear and quality response from the ChatGPT.
Benefits of Using ChatGPT for SEO
ChatGPT can assist in your daily SEO activities and increase productivity to implement things on your website.
As mentioned above, It can help you with different strategies of SEO and provide instant responses to your prompt in seconds.
Here are 5 benefits of using ChatGPT for SEO.
1. Time-Saving: By using ChatGPT, you can quickly get the response for specific SEO tasks like creating content outlines, finding keyword ideas, etc.
2. High-Quality Content: ChatGPT can provide high-quality content on your topic in a minute. You don’t need to invest in expensive writers. As it generates content, you need to modify it or tweak it a bit according to the user intent.
3. Cost Effective: ChatGPT can be used as a tool, which is free of cost for the 3.5 version. You can use it for multiple-use cases without investing in premium tools.
4. Suitable for all websites: ChatGPT can be utilized by various industry websites. Whether it be a blog, e-commerce store, or informational website, It can help to create different kinds of content such as blog posts, product descriptions, etc.
5. Personalization: ChatGPT can provide personalized recommendations by understanding natural language queries and will generate conversational responses. So this creates more engaging content and improves website visitors’ user experience.
How to Use ChatGPT for SEO [6 Useful ChatGPT Prompts for SEO]
Firstly, You must understand that ChatGPT is not a search engine like Google. It is an AI tool that can increase the productivity of SEO or other tasks.
ChatGPT can be a handy tool in the SEO process for your website. There are multiple ways ChatGPT is already being used in daily SEO activities to optimize the website to rank on Google.
And a few misconceptions are circulating on the internet, that the rise of ChatGPT will make SEO die or people will lose their jobs in SEO.
It’s not like that, All the AI tools can be used to increase the productivity and to make work easier in certain tasks. So, you need to adapt the AI tools and should learn how to use them wherever it is needed.
Here are a few ways ChatGPT can be used in SEO to increase your productivity.
- You can use ChatGPT to Generate keyword ideas
- It can be used to Generate Topic Ideas
- It can also be used to Create Content Outlines for the Topics
- You can also use ChatGPT to Create Content for the Topics
- You can use it to Generate Meta Titles
- You can also use to Generate Meta Descriptions
Now let me take you through each use case and will provide you ChatGPT prompts for SEO activities mentioned above.
1. ChatGPT for Keyword Ideas
Keywords are crucial in SEO to optimize your content to rank higher on Google SERP. ChatGPT can now generate related keyword ideas for your website based on your type of website niche or industry.
In the screenshot below, you can see that ChatGPT has given me a list of keyword ideas for my prompt asking about e-commerce business ideas.
So, within a few seconds, it gave me a list of keyword ideas that are pretty good and exactly related to the requirement of e-commerce business ideas.
It would be challenging and time-consuming for me if I search manually for those keyword ideas on the internet. Now, ChatGPT has saved me time and given me instant keyword ideas.
Now, we can put each keyword in any traditional keyword research tool to find the other related keywords, search volume, and keyword difficulty.
Its amazing right !
Below is the ChatGPT prompt template to generate keyword ideas for your website.
Prompt for Keyword Ideas : I want you to act as a Google Keyword Planner or Keyword research tool. I have started a new website [website] which is related to [Niche/Industry]. I want you to list Keyword ideas for my website targeting [target audience]. Give me a [number] list of keyword ideas to target on my website as per my target audience.
2. ChatGPT for Content Topic Ideas
ChatGPT can also generate topic ideas to create content for your website. It takes a lot of time to make a list of topic ideas if it is done manually. But, the single ChatGPT prompt can provide you with a list of topic ideas related to your website and requirements.
As you can see above, ChatGPT has generated a list of topic ideas for an e-commerce blog.
So, you can use ChatGPT to get a list of topic ideas for your website. You can always ask ChatGPT to regenerate topic ideas if the topics are not related to your requirement.
But, as you can see above, it generated a quite decent topic list for my prompt. I can still ask ChatGPT to regenerate topics. It will generate new topics as well.
Here below is the prompt template to generate topic ideas within seconds.
Prompt for Content Topics: I am looking to expand the content on my website [your website name], but I am struggling to come up with new ideas. Can you help me generate a list of possible topics for my [type of website] that covers [niche/topic of website]
3. ChatGPT for Content Outlines the Topics
Now, If you have a list of topics in your hand, if you want to generate an outline for those topics, ChatGPT can give you the outlines for the topics in one go.
From the above screenshot, ChatGPT has given me a solid outline for the topic “benefits of using email marketing for e-commerce,” explaining what should be written inside every section.
Suppose, if we try to do it manually, I believe we cannot make such an insane structure or format of outline manually, and also it takes a lot of time to outline topics manually.
So, you can use the prompt template which I mentioned below and tweak or modify it as per your requirement to generate outlines for your topics.
Prompt for Article Outline: Act as if you're an SEO professional writer with experience of 5+ years in the field of content writing. I want you to give me the step-by-step outline for the topic [Insert your topic name] that should include an Introduction, Headings, subheadings, Conclusion, etc that should be clean and engaging with my audience [target audience]
4. ChatGPT for Creating Content for the Topics
By using ChatGPT you can generate content for the topics without writing it from scratch on a particular topic. Due to its natural language processing capabilities, ChatGPT can produce engaging blog posts or articles and website copy.
It’s important to add your expertise to the content and modify the content accordingly, to make content more engaging to your target audience.
As you can see above, I asked Chatgpt to generate content based on the outline I provided. In return, ChatGPT asked me to give the topic and outline to generate content, So I have provided the topic and outline for ChatGPT.
Now, it has given me the content.
As you can see above, ChatGPT has generated well-structured content for the topic I mentioned. If I try to write content manually for the topic it would take a few days to complete.
Now, it doesn’t mean you need to use the exact content that is generated by ChatGPT, you always need to tweak the content and add your experience to the content as per the user intent and your target audience.
Note: Always modify the content by adding your thoughts and expertise to the AI-generated content before publishing it on your site.
Here below is the ChaGPT prompt template to generate content for topics.
Prompt to Generate Content: As a professional SEO Content Writer with 5 years of experience and have written multiple blog articles. I want you to write an SEO Optimised article on [topic]. And Here is the blog article [outline] for the topic I have mentioned. Now, I want you to write an engaging article based on the outline and that should be easy to read for the users. And Mention Topic and outlines as shown above
5. ChatGPT for Meta Titles
Meta Titles are one of the crucial elements of On-Page SEO, which helps search engine crawlers and users to know the page’s context.
Now, ChatGPT can assist you in generating eye-catching and click-worthy titles that will help to grab the users’ attention and to click and visit the site which in directly improves the rankings.
You can ask ChatGPT to generate a list of titles for a particular topic, sort from the list as per your requirement, and make changes accordingly.
As shown above, Just with a single prompt, ChatGPT gave me a list of 10 meta titles for the particular page on the mentioned keyword, which is quite impressive. I Loved it!
So, you can generate a few lists of titles for a particular page and sort out or tweak the titles as per your requirement before using them on the page.
Here below is the ChatGPT prompt template to generate meta titles.
Prompt for Meta Titles: I want you to generate [number] unique title tags of a maximum of 60 characters for the keyword [mention your keyword]. Those titles should be engaging with a call to action, including the term [your keyword] for my audience [target audience]
6. ChatGPT for Meta Descriptions
By using ChatGPT, you can generate compelling meta descriptions that help users to take action on SERP to click on your web page link, which helps to improve the organic traffic to the site.
Now, you can ask ChatGPT to generate a list of meta descriptions and sort them according to your requirement.
And same here, ChatGPT has generated a list of meta descriptions as per my prompt, including the CTA ( call to action) at the end of each meta description with a focus on the target audience. Awesome right?
You can use the below Prompt template to generate meta descriptions for your web pages.
Prompt for Meta Descriptions: I want you to generate [number] unique Meta descriptions of a maximum of 160 characters for keyword [mention your keyword], The meta descriptions should be engaging and with a call to action to click on the SERP and include the term [your keyword] for my audience [target audience]
Note : Try to modify or tweak the above chatgpt prompt templates as per your requirement and use cases to get correct output as per your expectations within your niche.
And below are some of the basic ChatGPT Prompts for SEO.
15 Basic ChatGPT Prompts for SEO You Can Try
- Generate a list of [number] long-tail keywords related to [TOPIC]
- Create an informational blog post with the title [TOPIC]
- Generate a list of [number] related keywords for [TOPIC]
- Generate [number] long-tail keywords for [TOPIC] content optimization
- Create a list of [number] meta descriptions and title tags for [TOPIC]
- Generate a list of [number] Content ideas for blog posts topics on [TOPIC]
- Generate a list of [number] LSI keywords for [TOPIC]
- Generate a list of [number] frequently asked questions on a [TOPIC]
- Generate a list of [number] related subtopics for [TOPIC]
- Generate a list of [number] best anchor text on [TOPIC] for backlinks
- Write a compelling meta title for the [your Web Page] that includes a targeted keyword [Your Keyword] and a call-to-action at the end.
- Write a compelling meta title for [your web Page] that includes targeted keywords [Your Keyword] and a call to action at the end.
- Write an informational blog post that will directly speak to my [target audience] and persuade them to take [desired action] on my [website]
- Create an internal linking strategy for the [your website Name] to improve site structure and navigation for SEO.
- Provide a backlink strategy for [your website name] to improve rankings on the search engine results page.
- Analyze the backlink proﬁle of [your website name] and suggest changes to improve rankings on the search engine results page.
These are some of the basic ChatGPT SEO Prompts for your website that you can try and use them.
Note: These prompts give you the generic output. So always modify and tweak the prompts by providing extra information you have to these prompts to get Quality Responses.
Don’t entirely depend on ChatGPT, use it as an assistant in the SEO process.
So, there you got ChatGPT for SEO use cases and with ChatGPT prompts for SEO that you can use in your daily SEO activities.
1. Be specific: Always try to be specific, and include important details such as relevant information or data to get unique output as per your requirement. If the prompt is not accurate, it could result in irrelevant or inconsistent responses.
2. Consider the output: After ChatGPT provides an answer, try to look at the output, if the output is not as your expectations. Try to refine the prompt.
3. Refine & Repeat: It’s not like you need to accept the first output, you can always do iterations with the prompts by adding other specific instructions or data to get the output you want.
4. Always modify: You need to always modify the output by adding your expertise and thoughts to make it clear to your target audience. Do not just copy and paste the exact output.
5. Examine Carefully: ChatGPT is not always be accurate, it is sometimes bad at producing statistics or facts. You need to always double-check the output and use it.
Finally, do not worry about ChatGPT or AI. It will not take over your website’s SEO or Jobs of SEO optimization. They are here to increase productivity and assist you in the SEO process or any other activities. Don’t overthink and Don’t give up.